Solid Waste/Trash Service
Residents have the option of hiring any waste hauler they choose in accordance with Chapter 100 of the Chadds Ford Township Code. Below, are a list of waste haulers that provide the Township with annual hauler collection information in accordance with Section 904 of Act 101, The Municipal Waste Planning, Recycling and Waste Reduction Act.
- Trash Tech, 755 Governor Lea Road, New Castle, DE 19720 (888) 832-8802
- J&K Trash Removal, 2325 W. Second St, Chester, PA 19013 (610) 816-6347 Website
- Laxton Enterprises Trash Removal, P.O. Box 98, Lenni, PA 19052 (610) 358-1288 Website
- Opdenaker Trash Removal, 8 Elm Avenue, Aston, PA 19014 (610) 459-3515
- Republic Services, 220 Saulin Boulevard, King of Prussia, PA 19406 (610) 869-2222 Website
- Waste Management, 408 S. Oak Avenue, Primos, PA 19018 (610) 622-8346 Website
Residents have the option of using a composting service called Waste Well. Waste Well picks up food scraps from customers and delivers them to a composting processing facility. Each spring, their customers receive a lot of finished compost as well. Find more information.
Depending on where your property is located, you may have public water through the Chester Water Authority although most properties in the township have an on-site well. For service on your well equipment, you will generally find a label on your water tank from the firm that performed the original installation. Other firms may be found searching for "well drilling" in the telephone directory.
Chester Water Authority: (610) 876-8181
PECO, a part of Exelon Corp is the electric service provider in Chadds Ford. Starting in January 2011, PECO will only "deliver" electricity to your home or business. Consumers will be required to select an electric generation company as part of Pennsylvania's Utility Competition initiative. PECO can provide more information and a list of providers. PECO: (800) 494-4000. Or try, their website.
Also note, in case of a Power Outage:
- Report your outage to PECO by calling 1-800-841-4141
- If you have an emergency always call 9-1-1
Telephone, Television and Internet Service
Additionally, there are many third party service providers for IP or satellite based products.
Domestic Sewer can be handled by an on-site septic system or through community sewage treatment plant. There are two municipal Waste Water Treatment facilities owned and operated by the Chadds Ford Township Sewer Authority. In addition, the Springhill Farm Condominium Association and Knights Bridge Association operate private wastewater treatment facilities for their individual communities.