The below is a message from PECO regarding construction on the streets and sidewalks of Brindlewood Dr, Crestline Ct, Fox Pointe Ct, Meadow Ct, N Glen Dr, Pleasant Hill Dr, Springhill Dr, Springhill Rd, Ward Creek Rd, West Chester Pk, and Winfield Ct.
At PECO, we are committed to providing safe and reliable energy for our customers and the communities we serve. As part of our work, we will be upgrading and installing new equipment to modernize and enhance the local electric grid.
This project is part of PECO’s Reliability & Resiliency Plan to invest $1.36 billion through 2025 on targeted reliability-focused infrastructure investments. These accelerated investments will help strengthen the local electric infrastructure to better withstand more frequent and damaging storms, deliver enhanced reliability for our customers, and enable the adoption of clean energy resources. This plan is part of the company’s overall system investment of approximately $6 billion during the next five years across our electric and natural gas systems to inspect equipment, complete targeted system enhancements and corrective maintenance, invest in new equipment, and perform vegetation management.
About the Project:
- We are investing more than $920,000 to enhance the local electric infrastructure in your area.
- This work will help to improve reliability – reducing the frequency of outages and minimizing the duration of outages that do occur.
- A machine referred to as a directional bore machine will be used to install new conduit as well as new underground electrical cable throughout your neighborhood.
- Work will occur along streets and sidewalks of Brindlewood Dr, Crestline Ct, Fox Pointe Ct, Meadow Ct, N Glen Dr, Pleasant Hill Dr, Springhill Dr, Springhill Rd, Ward Creek Rd, West Chester Pk, and Winfield Ct.
- Phase 1 of construction is complete, and Phase 2 will be starting July 2023 and is expected to finish October 2023.
- Work will be performed by PECO crews and qualified PECO contractors.
Crews may need to temporarily interrupt service to safely complete some of this work. We will work with local residents to ensure they are informed in advance of our activities and any planned interruptions. To ensure you receive all outage updates, please confirm that your phone number is accurate in our system through MyAccount at peco.com/myaccount or by calling PECO at 1-800-494-4000.
We will also work closely with local officials to minimize the impact on traffic and pedestrians whenever possible. Access for services such as trash removal, student transportation and emergency vehicles will be maintained during construction.
If you have any questions regarding the details of this project and how it may impact you, please contact Mike Herman, Customer Liaison, at michael.herman [at] exeloncorp.com.